Monday, August 20, 2018

Dear family,

Here is the quo
te that got us through this week: "I like to move it, move it... you like to move it, move it.... we like to.... MOVE IT!" -King Jullian from Madagascar

We probably said this quote at least 5 times every day haha. It gets you so pumped!

In the begining of the week some sisters in our zone met a family who just moved into the area. They are friends with members who contacted the sisters and asked if they could help with the big move. They called and asked if we could help and we said of course, because "we like to move it, move it". We were able to get 8 missionaries total to come help, which was very nice bc they had A LOT of big couches and a piano.... haha They wanted to see us more often so the sisters in the area will get to swing by a few times and share messages with them!
Pic 1: the big move

Wow....i just realised I have been in the mission field for 1 whole month already!? It seriously feels like I just got here 2 days ago.... my mission is already going by too fast.... sad :( but it's ok haha I still get 17 more months at least, thank goodness.

So remember when I told you guys about when our whole district came to our area and went on a tracting blitz and found 8 new people to teach all together? Yeah that was awesome. Since that brought us so much success we decided to do that with everyone else and this week we went to Elder Lewis and Elder Braithwaite's area (our district leaders) We found 10 new people who are interested in taking lessons from them! Woohoo! I am so excited to hear how these people progress and I am excited to see what happens!

Another super cool thing that happened this week. I got to go to the Merridian Temple! My companion, Sister Estes taught a lady in her old area who got baptized and was going to do baptisms for the dead for the first time for her own family. She wanted Sister Estes and her old companion there for support and luckily she had to drag me along haha it was a super cool experience! Outside of the Merridian temple there is a beautiful little pond that they call, "the ponder pond" we got to sit there and just look at all the beauty all around us and just reflect. The primary song "I love to see the temple" kept coming to my mind specifically the second verse.... 

Meridian temple



I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;
I’ll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:
A fam’ly is forever.

I absolutely love this verse it is so simple yet so profound. As I was sitting there pondering these words I was thinking about the experience I had at 12 years old when I was able to be sealed in the temple to my family forever and how that experience helped lead and direct me to my decision to serve a mission. The temple has had such a big impact on my life and I wasn't to share the gospel with everyone so they can feel that same joy and happiness I felt, so they can be with there families for eternity. I am so grateful we have temples to help us come closer to our Father in Heaven and feel of his love for us. 

Doctrine and covenants 109: 22-23
" 22 And we ask thee, Holy Father, that thy servants may go forth from this house armed with thy power, and that thy name may be upon them, and thy glory be round about them, and thine angels have charge over them;
23 And from this place they may bear exceedingly great and glorious tidings, in truth, unto the ends of the earth, that they may know that this is thy work, and that thou hast put forth thy hand, to fulfil that which thou hast spoken by the mouths of the prophets, concerning the last days."

everyone: HEY you guys are matching... PROM PICS! *takes a picture


Love,
Sister Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment