Monday, April 8, 2019

Tractor Tippin (Don't Let Frank Catch Ya)..... Name that movie



YOU GUYS! I WAS GIVEN AN OPPORTUNITY TO OPERATE A TRACTOR! *hair flip, yeah you could say I'm cool I guess. Haha just kidding but it was actually the coolest thing ever. I dug a hole in the ground and drove over a pile of dirt, it was awesome. It kind of felt like a ride at Disneyland Haha. A set of missionaries set it up for our district on Prep day at their bishops home and we all just picked a tractor and he taught us how to use it and what to do with it. 
Operation Tractor

Movin' Earth

Yep, that's me !
But that's not the most exciting news of the week, obviously it was general conference but I will talk more about that later! We will move on to the next (still kind of equal) best thing this week. WE GOT TO HAVE DINNER WITH A FAMILY WE ARE TEACHING! it was a surprise to us we felt like it was Christmas. We had a scheduled dinner with a member family and they invited their neighbors who we actually taught the message of the restoration to previously! We were able to talk about General Conference and it was the best EVER! 

We also had zone conference this week. We talked a lot about how we can teach like Jesus taught. We all picked a scripture story from the new testament about when Jesus taught and we all shared what He did and what we can do to expand our teaching skills. As a companionship we picked Mark 4. The whole Chapter is Christ teaching. He uses parables to relate things to His teachings, so the people can understand better. It would be like relating an x box to the Gospel if we are teaching a little kid. It helps them understand better. Another way we see him teach in that chapter is by example and inviting others to take action. That is probably the most important step, is the action. If you don't take action you will never know or strengthen your personal testimony of anything.

An action that I took to strengthen my testimony was to watch general conference! By taking that step of action I was able to strengthen my testimony of prophets and apostles and everything they talked about. I don't have a favorite talk, but my favorite part was that all my questions I had, have been answered through their words.

1 Nephi 10: 18-19

18 For he is the same yesterday, today, and forever; and the way is prepared for all men from the foundation of the world, if it so be that they repent and come unto him.
19 For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round.

I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are the same yesterday, today, and forever. They are the same in purpose forever. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us very much because has blessed us with a living prophet today, to lead and guide us. Just like the prophets we learn of in the Bible and Book of Mormon, Heavenly Father is still looking out for His children and helping them in this day in age. I know that just like we learn in the second verse of scripture, if we diligently seek we will find. I put the scriptures to the test and the miraculous promise it gave is true. If you search diligently for answers (through prayer, and scripture study, and action) you will receive them. It may not be right away but truly the mysteries of God will be unfolded to you.
I love you all!
Love,
Sister Bailey :)
Baby Duck...awwww

District Breakfast

Horse Whisperer ha ha


No comments:

Post a Comment