Wednesday, April 24, 2019

"Potty" the Plant


Wow oh wow this week has been amazing! It all started at bingo, I'll admit i am not good at bingo. The lady's I sit with are not afraid to tell me either! I get a reminder every time haha. But! It is super fun and we were able to get to know the residence at the assisted living very well! One guy who lives there is a missionary rockstar and he will take us to different rooms and have us introduce ourselves Haha. It's so fun! But it didn't end there!

We were able to help out Christine at dress em cute and we had a stake service day! It was actually so cool! We went to a shooting range and picked up trash people left behind after shooting it. We found some crazy things Haha and there were cows right next to us! It was the coolest!?
Cows on the shooting range
We also had a district service opportunity in Melba. There is a lady who has shown interest in learning more and also needed some help throwing things away in her backyard that were ruined in the rainstorms. So she fed us lunch and right then and there she wanted a lesson! So 3 of us stayed inside and taught the restoration and 3 of us went and worked outside. It was a great lesson and she is excited to learn more! She is worried about what her family will think when she tells them she wants to be baptized though. She said she would pray about it!

Speaking of baptisms, there is a lady we found this week while looking through old people that have been taught in our area book! We got to meet her and get to know her and she is SO SWEET! I love her so much! We were able to teach about the restoration and she is preparing to be baptized may 11th now!

We also attended a baptism for the other set of missionaries in Kuna, for Antonio. We invited Jeremy (a person we are teaching) but he wasn't able to come sadly. It was so spiritual hearing his story and his process and testimony.

Jeremy came to one of our chapel tours and he loved it! He said he would come to church with us when his wife got back from her trip! We were able to take the opportunity to teach him about the restoration as well. He was asking us questions about being a missionary and thought we were straight up crazy because we do this missionary stuff and don't get paid hahaha. It was funny seeing him try to wrap his brain around it!

It reminded me ... of well....me! Trying to wrap my brain around why my flower isn't growing yet. OH YEAH! I planted a flower! I was studying Alma 32 and realized everyone in Idaho has a garden and grows their own things. And they are super good at it. And if I really want to understand Alma 32 no better way than to put it to the test literally and no better place than in Idaho. I don't know if it will help me understand faith 100% better but it will definitely help with patience. I will keep you updated on how it's doing every week. We decided to name it potty because it's in a little pot and when I water it, it leaks out. If you have a better name let us know and we will consider it Haha! 
Poppies and Kitty Max

Waiting...

Baby Poppy 

 I love you all!
Love,
Sister Bailey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment