Monday, December 9, 2019

I've Been Shot ... AGAIN!!

Temple Trip with Sofia

Working the cows one last time 
Watch your Head lol

SHOT AGAIN!!!!!

Wow so much happened this week! I don't even know where to begin....

Hmmm I guess we will start off with Halloween!!!! I was sad because I didn't get to see any of moms decorations but we still had a blast! Since we are so far out (missionaries call our area banishment lol) we weren't allowed to go on the mission temple trip (miles) and we had to be inside by 6 :( BUT we still made it super fun because we got permission to stay at another sisters house who couldn't attend the temple either. We all had a zone council the next morning and they were a lot closer to the place where we were meeting so we didn't have to drive 2 hours in the morning!!

At zone council we all met together and discussed our goals and how to reach them. We talked a lot about the story of Nephi when he was called to build a boat. The Lord told Him to make a boat and instead of saying ok I'll build a boat (the final goal) He went and made a plan. Well in order to build a boat I need tools, Lord how do I build the tools the build this boat. We all make goals in our life and we get super excited but we don't make a plan on how to reach our goals. That is mainly why my new years goals never work out too well lol.
After we got all excited and pumped for missionary work.... we got shot.... yep

They decided to surprise us again with the flu shot after zone council! President called me a baby because I told him it was gonna hurt HAHA I love President Nygaard so much!!!
Anyways I braved it and it actually wasn't that bad it did bleed a lot though... its fine now though.

After that president headed to Baker with us to do the baptismal interview with Jess and April! He was very impressed with their faith and they are so excited for their baptisms! They will both be baptized the 16th in the morning time :)

One of my favorite parts of the week was when we were able to join the youth on their temple trip because it was Sofia's first time! Wow it was amazing. We got to be a witness for Sofia and I got to be a witness for my compy :) It was a very powerful experience and we could all feel the love of Sofia's ancestors as we all helped with her family names!

We also got to have a video lesson with Joni. The miracles we see through technology are amazing. The lesson brought us all to talk about baptism and now she is pondering and praying to know if the things we have taught are true. We are excited to hear back from her.

We had lots of people visiting at church yesterday! Sofia shared her testimony and April said she felt the spirit so strongly. She is excited for church next week!!! After church we went to the messiah choir practice and I think I'm actually starting to get the hang of it it is so hard though lol.

I am excited for the week ahead! We are heading to Nampa to sleep over at the mission home! We have a big sisters conference in the morning tomorrow, but again we are too far to drive in the morning to get there on time Haha. Unless we left at o' dark thirty Haha. Its gonna be a busy week but we are so ready and excited for it! 

I hope you all saw my Facebook this week! I studied about faith and put what I learned each day on a post! Check it out! There are some cool videos! 

I want to share my overall testimony of my faith in Jesus Christ with you all and I would encourage you to write your testimony of faith down as well. Seek to strengthen that testimony, it WILL bless you in times of trial.

I know that Jesus Christ lives. He is the great I am, not the great He was. He is heavenly Fathers only begotten son and He was sent to earth for us. He performed many miracles and healed people according to their faith in Him. The greatest miracle He performed was the Atonement,
because of this He felt every pain and sickness and infirmity we personally feel as well as our happiness and joy we feel when we follow the commandments of God. Because of this He understands how we feel and He truly mourns with those who mourns and comforts those who stand in need of comfort. He rejoices with us when we are joyful in keeping the commandments of God. He laid down His life for us, His friends. Because of this I know that Jesus Christ loves us. I truly stand all amazed at his love for us. He is our advocate with... the father and if we give heed to the word of Christ and come unto Him as he calls out to us to do, we will be led to eternal bliss.

To learn more about how you can gain/ acknowledge your testimony of faith you can:
• Talk to the missionaries
• Visit https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/?lang=eng
• Study the following scriptures that helped me gain my testimony

New Testament:
John 15:13 "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Mark 10:21 " Then Jesus beholding him, loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me."

Book of Mormon:
Moroni 27:28 "For he hath answered the ends of the law, and he claimeth all those who have faith in him; and they who have faith in him will cleave unto every good thing; wherefore he advocateth the cause of the children of men; and he dwelleth eternally in the heavens."

Alma 37:44 "For behold, it is as easy to give heed to the word of Christ, which will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss, as it was for our fathers to give heed to this compass, which would point unto them a straight course to the promised land."



Love you all!
Love,
Sister Bailey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment