Thursday, May 23, 2019

Divine Design


This week consisted of everything a missionary could hope and dream of.
Let me start at the top. Our week started out with service! It was a super fun time but, since we have limited miles we had to walk about 2 hours to get there haha it was super fun though! We got to shovel rocks and move statues! I can almost open all the jars in one try with all my service muscle building opportunities. #@mom now you don't have to worry about coming to college with me to open all my water bottles when I can't Haha. Good news the person we have been doing service for has been coming to church regularly now and loving it! woohoo!!!!

We also had a bunch of amazing teaching opportunities! We met a Lady in our ward boundaries and we stopped by for a visit and taught about the gospel of Jesus Christ. (Faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost...) we got to baptism and BOOM distractions everywhere. People were visiting and dogs were being crazy and it was a mess! We ran out of time and offered to help her and her husband at an upcoming garage sale they were having... 
Fast forward a few days... we helped them and we were sitting and talking for a bit and the topic of baptism came up and we asked her about it, and she said she would have no problem being baptized into our church! (She has gone to sacrament a few times) we have a scheduled time to visit on Tuesday nights and discuss it more and to go through the lessons! We haven't set a date for her baptism but she will talk with her husband and we will keep you posted!

Flash back a few days we had ZONE CONFERENCE! guess who I saw.... SISTER SCHOEN (2 comps ago) AND SISTER ESTES (my mission mom)!!!! I was beyond stoked! Also guess what happened this zone conference.... we had a 5k run!? I would have been fine with that if I was still in shape (not eating dessert every night at members homes) it was fun though! I designated myself to be the pump up person and I would walk with some people then when we saw a group we would run up to them and hype them up and get them going and running with us, then we would watch them go and we would stop and take a break (it was exhausting! Haha)

We went on exchanges this week too! I was with Sister Bradshaw and we were working in Eagle (right next to us in Star) we had a couple of lessons, and miracles all over the place! We had lots of people open their door who usually didn't or weren't home! We also had a practice lesson with a member in there area! It's super cool because they will tell him something that they want to work on and he will role play it as someone we would be teaching then give us tips and pointers after. We talked about the importance of church and he wouldn't come to church for something and we had to figure out real reason why he wouldn't come that he was hiding from us.

The next day we went back to our area and sister Liava'a and I had a lesson scheduled with a girl named Maddie (16yrs old). She lives with her grandparents who are less active members. ok, here's the crazy part. We brought a young women to come with us to teach (shes preparing for a mission) they ended up knowing each other from work! What are the odds of that! Immediate connection! Then we taught her about the restoration and BOOM she accepted our baptism invitation! June 15th everyone! I am so stoked!

But wait there's more! Sister Liava'a and I got a message from the elders serving in Kuna and the lady sister Dunne and I were teaching (sister Baker) is being baptized June 8th! So we get to go back and see her be baptized!

The best part of the week was Sunday. We went to sacrament and I looked around where we were sitting. I saw Maddie, her grandma, the Dill family (non members we taught), Mo (lady who wants to be baptized, and Harvey sitting there. My heart was filled with so much joy seeing them all together. So many of the people I have come to love in the short 3 weeks we have been here. All sitting together, coming closer to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. All happy. It was pure bliss.

Update on my plant:
The seeds were getting a bit crazy, I took some little sprouts out so they had more room to grow, they seems to be doing good. They are happy right now with our rain. It had been a bit chilly recently so that's good! That's about it for my plant though!

I hope everything is going good back home! Love you!
Love,
Sister Bailey :)
kitten..awwww

Singing in the rain???

not sure how this toilet got in our car

Sister Estes and Sister Bailey

Sister Schoen and Sister Bailey

Idaho Rainstorm


No comments:

Post a Comment