Monday, June 24, 2019

I love to see the Temple


Hey hey hey!

So main events for this week
- shoveling rocks and hot dogs
- graduation lei making
- organizing a sewing room and teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ
- I tried Spam
- Temple comp study
- Ellingfords on date for July 6th


Ok first point. We shoveled some rocks for Harvey. Harvey is literally the best.
Little bit of background:
Us: *shoveling some rocks
Harvey: *watching us from his wheelchair
" hey let's take a break from these rocks and move my girlfriend back here"
Us: "what? Haha" (he has a wife)
His caretaker Lisa: "he calls
Harvey: "yeah but don't be afraid she's really nice" hahaha
It's always a fun time at Harvey's!
Looking back on the first point, I realize I made it sound like we shoveled hot dogs as well... no no Harvey always feeds us hot dogs after. Lots and lots of hot dogs. So as we have been doing service, Harvey has been coming to church every week now! We also get to talk with his caretaker who has been coming to church as well (because its her job) but it's still super cool!

So a big event that happened in Star this week was graduation! We have been going on visits with one of the youth in our ward (who is preparing to go on a mission and graduating) and we have been teaching her older sister as well. We have gotten so close with their family. So, for graduation sister Liava'a taught me a bit of her culture, we made homemade Lei's for them!

Update on Mo: I LOVE MO! We are starting to do service for her every week and I am so stoked! She loves visits but doesn't want to rush her baptism. We are still encouraging her to pray about it. We started this week by organizing fabric for her sewing room!

I TRIED SPAM. it was not very tasty for me, but sister Liava'a eats it straight out the can! She's a true one.

THE TEMPLE IS IN OUR ZONE! we got permission to go to the temple grounds and have companion study! It was so cool! We mostly talked about how we could better accomplish the work for this area. The Spirit is just so strong on the temple grounds, you can feel it. We had so many ideas come to our minds that could only have been placed there by the holy ghost. I AM SO THANKFUL FOR THE TEMPLE! 
his statue, his girlfriend...she's really Heavy"


Update on my plant: eh it could be doing better, I'm not really sure what's happening to it... since it got hotter here all the bugs are somehow sneaking into our house and I think a bug is getting my plant and eating it...not sure what to do. It's still growing though it's getting really big, not flower in sight yet.

Also T-minus 1 transfer (6 weeks) until the Nampa Mission becomes the Boise Mission! And we get a new mission president! Its gonna be crazy! So many mixed feelings. I'm just glad that our Nampa missionaries all get to stay together! 
 Have a great week! 

 Love,
Sister Bailey 
Meridan Temple




Potty the Plant

District

Hot Dogs with Harvey

Making Lei's


No comments:

Post a Comment